- If your Amazon Firestick remote isn’t working, you need to attempt resetting its connection to your gadget.
- Ensure that there’s a clear course in between your remote and the Firestick so they can link.
- Your Firestick remote’s batteries may require to be changed, too.
- See Expert’s Tech Recommendation library for more stories
With increasingly more individuals eliminating cable, streaming gadgets like the.
Amazon Fire Television
Stick (likewise called the Firestick) are ending up being more popular. And the Firestick is a terrific gadget– when it’s working properly.
If your Firestick’s push-button control quits working, it implies no motion pictures and no television. In many cases, it may imply that you can’t switch on your tv at all.
Luckily, there are a range of methods to repair a Firestick remote that’s not working.
How to repair your Firestick remote when it’s not working
Modification the batteries
It may appear too easy to work, however hear us out. Your Firestick may be little, however it utilizes power whenever you push a button. And throughout a year, that builds up.
Eliminate the battery cover on the back of your Firestick remote to eliminate the batteries and change them with fresh ones. The majority of Firestick remotes take 2 AAA batteries.
When you have actually changed the batteries, attempt utilizing the remote once again.
Eliminate any blockages
Your Firestick remote may be cordless, however it still requires area to get in touch with the Firestick. Ensure that there’s absolutely nothing obstructing your remote or Firestick, like a video game console or stack of books. Move any close-by gadgets sending out off radio signals, like Wi-Fi routers or even microwaves.
For the very best outcomes, there must be a clear line in between your remote and the Firestick.
Unpair and reconnect the remote
If the batteries aren’t the concern and you have actually got a clear view, your remote’s connection to the Firestick may require a refresh. Unpairing the remote from your Firestick and re-pairing it may suffice.
1. Usage another Firestick remote to wake your Firestick and open the Settings menu If you do not have another physical remote, you can link your iPhone or Android gadget and utilize that as a virtual remote.
2. In the Settings menu, choose Controllers & Bluetooth Gadget, and after that Amazon Fire Television Remotes
3. Scroll to the remote that’s not working– it’ll most likely simply be called Amazon Fire Television Remote— and press the Menu button and after that the Select button Your remote will vanish from the list.
4. Scroll down and choose Include New Remote, then press and hold the House button on the unpaired remote.
5. When the Firestick triggers you, press the Select button on the “old” remote you utilized to browse the menus.
Your Firestick will re-pair with the remote, which will ideally get it working once again.
Reset the remote
If unpairing it didn’t work, you can attempt resetting the remote. This not just revitalizes the connection, however likewise reboots the remote’s internal software application and hardware.
The specific actions it’ll require to reset your remote vary depending upon what type of remote you have, so take a look at our complete guide on how to reset your Firestick remote to learn more. Generally, you’ll require to push and hold particular buttons on the remote and disconnect the Firestick from its source of power.
Reset your Firestick
While many connection problems come from the remote, there’s constantly an opportunity that your Firestick is truly the one triggering issues. If none of the previous actions worked, you can factory reset your Firestick.
Factory resetting the Firestick will remove all of its information, returning it to the state it remained in when you purchased it. This implies that you’ll need to redownload your apps and log into your accounts. It’s bothersome, however likewise a terrific method to repair problems.
Simply keep in mind that you’ll require to have at least one remote that can link for this, even if it’s simply the virtual remote in the Fire television mobile phone app
1. Open the Settings menu on your Firestick and choose My Fire Television
2. Scroll down and choose Reset to Factory Defaults, then validate your option.
Offer the gadget a couple of minutes to reset. Once it’s done, set it up fresh.
If you have actually attempted all these actions and your Firestick remote still will not work, the issue most likely runs much deeper than you can repair. In this case, contact Amazon straight for assistance
Amazon’s customer support agents can assist you with almost any Fire television concern. If even they can’t determine the issue, there’s an opportunity that they’ll let you send out in your Firestick for a replacement.
Editor & Personnel Author for Tech Referral
William Antonelli is an author and editor based in New york city City. As Editor of Expert’s Tech Recommendation vertical and an establishing member of the Recommendation group, he’s assisted grow Tech Recommendation from simple starts into a juggernaut that brings in over 20 million gos to a month.
You can discover him on Twitter @DubsRewatcher, or reach him by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org