- ^ Get news from the BBC in your inbox, each weekday morning (pages.email.bbc.com)
Former world number one Neil Robertson held off a John Higgins fightback to win 6-3 and set up a Scottish Open final against China's Cao Yupeng.
Australian Robertson, now ranked 20th, led the semi-final 4-0 after notching breaks of 117 and 135.
Four-time world champion Higgins, playing in front of his home crowd in Glasgow, hit back with three frames in a row to pile on the pressure.
But Robertson held his nerve to take the two frames required for victory.
"The better man won," Higgins told BBC Sport.
"The chances I got were probably down to his misses in the second half of the match.I totally got outplayed there so you hold your hands up and by far the better man won.
"I've always rated him as a great player.He's got to be the favourite and I think Neil will be too strong in the final for Yupeng."
Robertson, without a ranking title since June 2016, faces Cao on Sunday at 13:00 GMT, after the 27-year-old beat Judd Trump 6-4 in Saturday's other semi-final.
"The way I started the first four frames is probably up there with the best I've ever played, in terms of who I was up against and the occasion," said Robertson.
"I knew John's pedigree in coming back from big deficits but I was very focused and didn't get carried away."
Cao has never won a ranking title but made headlines on Tuesday with a maximum 147 break.
The world number 67 took the first two frames against Trump and led 3-1 at the interval after an 88 break.
Trump won a tense fifth frame on the black and levelled at 3-3, but Cao won the next two and edged through after a 53 break saw Trump make it 5-4.
Cao's previous best effort at a ranking event was reaching the semi-finals of the European Masters in October, when he was beaten 6-1 by world number three Trump....
Media playback is unsupported on your device...
The Pentagon has been running a secret multi-million dollar programme to investigate Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), US media report.
Only a small number of officials were aware of the programme, which began in 2007 and was reportedly closed in 2012.
But scientists were doubtful, stressing that unexplained happenings were not necessarily proof of alien life.
The brainchild of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Programme was Harry Reid, a retired Democratic senator who was the Senate majority leader at the time.
He told the New York Times:"I'm not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this thing going.I've done something that no one has done before."
The programme is reported to have cost the Department of Defense more than $20 million (£15m) before it was shut down in order to save costs.
Although its funding ended in 2012, officials have reportedly continued to investigate sightings of unusual aerial phenomena and suspicious objects alongside their daily duties.
"Was this China or Russia trying to do something or has some propulsion system we are not familiar with?", they said.
Earlier this year, the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) released millions of pages of declassified documents online.
The records included UFO sightings and a collection of reports on flying saucers....
Authorities in California have issued new evacuation orders as a huge wildfire flares up again in Santa Barbara County.
Meteorologists said fresh northerly winds were likely to drive the flames from the fire - named Thomas - towards the Pacific coast.
The blaze, the state's third largest on record, has now burnt almost 1,000 sq km (405 sq miles) since 4 December.
Two people are reported to have died as a result of the fire.
Fire apparatus engineer Cory Iverson was killed tackling the blaze last week, along with a woman, Virginia Rae Pesola, who was in a car crash as she evacuated.
The resurgence of strong "sundowner" winds combined with low humidity forecast for Sunday could fuel the flames and has prompted new mandatory evacuation orders for several Santa Barbara communities, including hillside homes in Montecito and Summerland.
The fire has crossed the San Ysidro canyon, dashing firefighters' hope that it could be contained.
More than 8,000 firefighters are now tackling the blaze, which has destroyed about 1,000 structures including some 750 homes.The cost of the operation is now $104m (£78m), said Reuters news agency.
Using helicopters and planes to drop fire retardant on the flames, firefighters have managed to contain 40% of the blaze....
Page 4 of 2073